Saturday, October 16

incredulous

I actually can't believe I've stayed in York for one whole year. Just a few days short of the full 365. That is scary. Almost finished packing stuff, I can't think of anything more that I might possibly need to take home with me. Am I tempting fate ? probably.

72 hours from now, I'll be on my way home. Going to London early tomorrow morning, so this is my last update from York for a month or so, I guess. Funnily enough, I'm regretting the timing a bit because I was just getting into an interesting area of work; but oh well. Home is home. I'll probably curse the dust (not the heat. never the heat) when I get back, but for now, it's fun to think of Colombo. Hope Dad's gone shopping for fruit (Damn, I am going to be spoilt).

Some interesting snippets to conclude though. Firstly, it's been a rite of passage for junior tennis players worldwide. One grows up being a ballboy (-girl) at major tennis events in the country, absorbs the atmosphere at the court level, and is motivated to do better. Right ? It turns out that the Spanish Tennis Federation forgets this. They've hired models to do the fetching, passing and carrying of tennis balls during the match. What could go wrong ? Well, more eye candy for the viewers, I am sure. But people who've made a career of looking glamourous aren't going to be that motivated to run around court, are they ? Next up; cheer leaders during drinks breaks and between sets. You know it's coming.

Also, guys who are shorter than their girlfriends need lotsa money in the bank. I didn't say it, the Sun did.

|

<< Home