Tuesday, January 25

a dread disease

I am suffering from a severe case of TB². No, not this TB, but rather the phenomenon known as Too Busy To Blog. In the past few days, I've figured out the largest file Java can read (the hard way), figured out some of the intricacies of passing distributed messages ... and generally messed around with Real Work™.

And one of the byproducts of this frenetic burst of activity is a relatively new discovery ... debugging by voice *grin*. Since I'm doing linguistics work (sorta), it's sometimes easier/faster/nicer to have output read out rather than reading it off the screen. Since this toy I'm building requires voice support anyway, I'm actually saving myself work... or maybe I'm just doing it because it seems cool to have a robotic voice droning things at me all the time. Weirdly enough, this article describes part of what I'm doing. It's apparently quite the hot topic among research folk. Or so I'd imagine, at any rate.


|

<< Home