Tuesday, August 24

rewind

A few weeks earlier, I reviewed The Prodigy's latest offering, Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned. My assessment wasn't too flattering at that point and subsequent listening didn't really change my opinion too much either. Nothing in the album really stood out for me; and there were lots of tracks there which seemed to be terrible. Then, yesterday I discovered Prodigy Remixed, which offers a remix album free for download. It's called Always Outsiders, Never Outdone. Now, this was more like the Prodigy I am accustomed to. I'm not sure if this is an official Howlett sanctioned project, it's probably not. But whatever the motivation, they've certainly done the job of reviving the flagging fortunes of Prodigy, at least in my mind. So, Prodigy seems to be more like Id software, providing good platforms for other people to build on. The remix album is definitely better than the original. Oh, and I almost forgot, one of the tracks, "You will be under my wheels", is being used by BMW in their advertisments.

Why did I mention Id software ? Well, The Don is back after a thesis writing bout of his own and he's apparently got hold of Doom 3. So I'll finally get a chance to play the eagerly anticipated, much hyped sequel and try things out for myself.

|

<< Home