Friday, February 18

odds and ends

Tshirts for the discerning geek. I stumbled on the site through this link, which for some reason, is rather popular in the Perl community.

Stayed up latish last night, purely for entertainment purposes, and watched Tai-pan. Been a big fan of everything James Clavell wrote, after all, I learnt my first Cantonese swear words from the books. But there was little deviation from the book. Ordinarily, the purist in me would have been happy with this, but because of how the story ends (in Tai Pan, at least), the last sequences lost their impact somewhat. Also started reading this last night. All this after a few hours getting my second lesson in Magic.

The Enterprise reference reminded me of this, a mocking look at cargo cult scifi special effects.

|

<< Home