Monday, August 2

faces

I personally found school far too regimented and (at the risk of sounding very elitist) boring, so it's perhaps unsurprising that I didn't bother to keep in touch with people I knew back then. Of course, another perfectly reasonable explanation is laziness.

Almost a decade later, things have started to change a bit. I've discovered that quite a few are on MSN. Each person we unearth seems to know a couple of other guys who are also on MSN and ... we've grown to around 30. A modest number, considering the hundreds who were in the same year, but a start, nonetheless. It also seems to help that many of the people I used to know have just been shoved out of their seat of higher learning a few months back, and have been inflicted on an unsuspecting public *grin*. These new graduates from the university of corpse carving seem to have a lot of free time on their hands.

A surprising number are also based out of SL and one of those, a long time resident of London, called me up this morning. The highlights (if I can call them that), are that he thinks I have a Welsh accent (my retorts at that point are unprintable in a public forum. Needless to say, questioning of his sanity, hearing and intelligence was included). He's also promised to show me his view of the nightlife of London town.

On the subject of funny faces, it seems that German passport photographs may not be so boring anymore. One guy has won the right to have his picture taken with his tongue sticking out. Now, I know that self expression is important and all that, but why in heaven's name does he want that photograph on his passport ? Is his face not oogly enough already ? Actually, come to think of it, I might do this myself. At least the conversation topics would shift from "oh, your face is so thin" and "your hair is too long" to the obvious "why are you sticking your tongue out ?". Anything to stop the "oh, you look so different in your passport" comments would be welcome relief at this point.

Is there anyone who has a passport photograph that they don't consider hideous ? I'd really like to hear from them.

|

<< Home